Monday, June 11, 2007

~~Alor Star - Penang~~

Last Saturday, went to Alor Star, Kedah and Penang with my mum and relatives.Basically, a short and economical trip. Sometimes, I realize there is still a lot of places in Malaysia that we can still venture and explore. Haha...Visit Malaysia Year 2007...so must support a bit...

First day in Alor Star, Kedah I visited Mahathir Birth Place and Paddy Museum. Before this, I'm wondering why people go all the way to Alor Star, Kedah just for the piece of art in Paddy Museum. Most people feedback is good. After I've been there. It's really worth going all the way. The Paddy Museum is great...there is a piece of art in the museum so amazing and so lively.

Behind is House of or Tun Dr. Mahathir birth place...can't believe they still keeping it so new...


Rumah Kelahiran Tun Dr. Mahathir


Haven't seen this thing for donkey years...is called "Beca" rite? =P


In the bus with my mummy


The unique architecture of the Paddy Museum


It is first in Malaysia and the fourth to be opened in the world after Japan, German and the Philipines. The largest and most impressive mural in the museum is a 360 degree realistic painting of the paddy fields and Gunung Keriang landscape. Located at the revolving gallery on the third floor of the museum the painting measures 8 metres in height and 103 metres in length.

The painting look so real...













After the Paddy Museum, I went to Penang for my dinner...of course stop by at non other than Gurney Drive for some Penang delicacy...yummy =P Although, the weather is not good and raining but still never stop me from having my dinner there...I ate a lot...famous Penang Asam Laksa, Rojak, Oyster Fried a.k.a Hou Chien, Popiah, Char Kuey Tiao, Satay...yummy=P. After that have a walk walk at Plaza Gurney...headed to a hotel at Tangjung Bungah if I'm not mistaken for a night stay...after...nice bath me and cousins go to beach for a walk...yeah...the hotel that I stayed behind have a beach...so, I ajak my cousin go walk walk with me at the beach...After beach, around 11.30pm, me and cousins went mamak for a drink...but weird thing is the mamak tutup at 12.30am...I thought mamak 24/7 opened...no where to go...me and cousin back to hotel...playing pool...until around 2am.

Next morning...went to the beach for sunrise...


Me got so excited and jumping up high...


After my breakfast, went to the beach again...although not as nice as redang but still a beach...


Me at the pool


At the hotel room balcony...nice view =P


Emo-ness

~~ Jen Li signing off~~

No comments: